Monday 19 January 2015

So not much has happened for abit, but here is something from a sketchbook that I've been looking at in my personal time.

So I have recently been involving my self in one of my favourite past times, watching awful youtube documentaries about some outlandish, unbelievable theory, and came across what I found, a really interesting one. I response to the awful documentary (Ancient Aliens) was another called Ancient Aliens : debunked. this by far a better watch, and was alot more interesting as it talked through alot of the extra pieces of history, which explain what was wrong with their evidence. One was talking about the book of Ezekiel, where he experienced a Vision representing the "Glory of God". Ancient Aliens used the book of Ezekiel to claim that what he was describing was a space ship in a language and vocabulary which didn't extend to it. However after reading the book of Ezekiel it actually talks about a kind of Angel "Cherubim" which carry the throne of God. I found myself captivated by the imagery used to display the Cherubim and started sketching my own. After doing so I started to think "I correspondence to the Charlie Hebdo shootings) what does the "Glory of God" mean to me, After alot of thought, as a non religious person, to me it is what people do in the name of. So here I have taken the graceful and angelic image of the Cherubim and covered it in tracing paper and sketched onto an alternative, contorted and tortured version, in an attempt to confront the meaning of the so called "Glory of God".

HOPEFULLY A PAINTINg TO FOLLOW!!

No comments:

Post a Comment